[Yt-dev] 1024^3 amr hop problem

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 29 22:36:43 PDT 2009

(I'd send this to -users, but since we're not emphasizing parallel hop just yet, I'll put it here.)

I am trying to run hop on Ranger on a 1024^3 AMR dataset I got from Robert Harkness. I've been running it with a varying number of threads, always greater than 64. I'm pretty sure it's not a memory problem, I ssh-ed into the head node and ran 'top.' I think I'll try this on Kraken tomorrow, but for now, can any of you make heads or tails of the error message below:

AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'append'
When can a list not have 'append' as an attribute?

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/112/

I can sucessfully run parallel hop on L7 with this exact same install of yt.

The script I'm running is dead simple:

from yt.mods import *

pf = load("DD0082")

hop = HaloFinder(pf,padding=0.02)

hop.write_out(filename="benchmark-hop.out")

Britton, I know you've been doing some large-scale stuff lately. Have you run hop on something this large?

Thanks!