[Yt-dev] Release 1.5

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 14:32:26 PDT 2009

Hi Stephen,

Not really...  I've taken a whack at it, but I have not tested the
Friends of Friends terribly well, as you suggested that was not a
priority.  It worked in both parallel and serial, however.  I'd like
to note that it seems to me there is a problem with the density output
from the parallel hop; it gives different answers based on the tiling.
 I tested this against trunk and got the same thing.  I feel like we
had a fix for this that may have gotten lost.

Here's my initial proposal for the combined halo finder.  I've set
densities in the FOF output to be -1 because I feel it is important to
preserve the output between the two different formats, as they may be
used as input to a unified halo profiler.

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/107/

One of my test scripts can be seen here:

http://hg.enzotools.org/test_scripts/file/tip/test_halo_finder.py

and downloaded here:

http://hg.enzotools.org/test_scripts/raw-file/17789811f400/test_halo_finder.py

-Matt