[Yt-dev] source keyword for slices

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 00:55:21 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

Do any of you now, or have you in the past, used the 'source' keyword
as supplied to creation of a slice?

I have successfully finished the parallelization of both cutting
planes and slices, but to do the slices I had to (or chose to, really)
move from a 2d domain decomp to a standard grid iterator; this means I
got rid of source=.  For 2.0, all the data objects will implement the
correct protocol, so source will come back, but for 1.5 I'd like to
put out a working parallel slice & cutting plane pair.  But, I don't
want to cut off anybody's legs.

Thanks!