[Yt-dev] OpenGL backend and pyglet expertiments

Matt matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 11:26:53 PDT 2009

Just as a note, looks like IPython will have a pyglet array interface.
Because of how yt.raven._MPL pixelizes, this could be used as a means
of interactive zooming and panning using OpenGL to render instead of
Agg. _MPL.Pixelize might have to have a buffer argument added, which
could then be the buffer plotted, but otherwise it would be rather
straightforward.

Sent to you by Matt via Google Reader: Re: OpenGL backend and pyglet
expertiments via gmane.comp.python.matplotlib.devel by Fernando Perez
on 4/3/09 On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Nicolas Rougier
public.gmane.org> wrote: Great! Would you have any interest in having
this be shipped/developed as part of IPython itself? You are using a
fair amount of internals of the ipython machinery, and we're getting
ready for a large cleanup. Having your code shipped with ipython itself
would give it perhaps more exposure, as well as allow it to evolve in
sync with the rest of the API, since we could test it as the internals
change. I think it would be great to ship this with ipython itself, and
I'm sure you'd get help and contributions from the rest of the ipython
team as well... Best, f
Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to gmane.comp.python.matplotlib.devel using Google Reader
favorite sites