[yt-dev] [enzo-dev] yt 2.4 release announcement

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 03:40:27 PDT 2012

Hi all on yt-dev,

I wanted to write to say thank you all for your help with this
release.  The vital stats:

 * Between yt 2.3 and yt 2.4, there were about eight months of calendar time
 * We had the first workshop at UChicago during that time
 * This release had 1200 changesets contribute to it, for a total of
 * 21 people contributed changes, 6 of which were first-time contributors
 * We closed 42 issues targeted at 2.4
 * This was our first PR-based development cycle, and we went through
nearly 200 of them

Thanks also to Nathan and Sam, who burned the midnight oil last night
to get the docs built (with new added VR) and send out the release
announcement.  And Nathan, who really grabbed ahold of the PlotWindow
and pushed on making it look nice, making it work nice, and making it
a desirable alternative to the PlotCollection, was one of those first
time contributors!  So congratulations everyone, and again, thank you
all for your hard work.

Best,

Matt